All classes and events are free and open to all
Hood River (HR)
- Happiness Workshops, Each Weds, 6pm, HR Library
- Burns Training & Fitness, free classes any week in Oct
- Free Jewelry Cleaning, Hood River Jewelers
- Arts Response to Literature Exhibition, each Weds – Sun, 11am-5pm, Columbia Center for the Arts
- FREE speech & language screenings at your child’s daycare or preschool during the month of October for #gorgehappinessmonth! Contact us for more information email@example.com
- Zumba, Mon & Thurs, 6:30pm, St Frances, Odell
- Strong Women, Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00am, Mt Hood Town Hall, 6575 Highway 35, Mt. Hood, OR, Contact: Ann Dow: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-708-6469
- Strong Women, Mon/Wed 5:15-6:15, Unexpected Blessings, SDA Church, 1090 22nd St., Hood River, OR, Contact: Elizabeth Hardy: email@example.com or 509-540-5042
- Strong Women, Tue/Thurs, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, Wy’east Vista Apts. Community Room, 1800 8th St., Hood River, OR Contact: Claire Culbertson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-513-2297 [May move locations in November; contact leader]
- Mommy Wellness, Tues, 12pm, 2690 May St; This series if for moms-to-be and new moms with babies up to two years old. Explore the best forms of pre- and post-partum exercise, infant bonding and massage, bladder health, sexual healing, scar management and even how to catch up on sleep. Our line-up of expert speakers will provide you with the tools to feel confident, restore your post-partum body and get on the path to wellness. Babies are welcome to join us in class. For more information, please visit mcmc.net/mcmc-therapy-services/mommy-wellness-program/ or call 541-386-2441.
- Grief Support Group, Tues, 3pm, Down Manor
- HR Toastmasters, Thurs, 6:30am, happy themes in Oct
- Hood River Library Story Time, Thurs, 10:30am
- Persistent Pain Education, Thurs, 12pm, 2690 May St
- Women in Black hour of silence, Fri, 12pm, Oak & 5th
- Oct 13, Fri, all day, Mail a Postcard Day at Hood River, Parkdale & Cascade Locks libraries. Use yours to send a gratitude? Also, free pie at the Hood River branch!
- Oct 14, Sat, Homebuyer Education Class, 9am – 3pm, 1730 College Way, HR
- Oct 14, Sat, Mindfulness Jars for Kids by Play works, 9 – 1pm, HR Farmers Market
- Oct 14, Sat, Family Games event, 4pm, Hood River Hobbies Come play board games in the back of the shop! Free and open to all.
- Oct 15, Sun, Annual Remembrance Service for Families, 1 -3 pm, The Family Birth Center at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital is hosting its first annual Remembrance Ceremony for the parents and families within the Columbia Gorge community whose babies and/or children have passed away. Those who have been touched by loss are invited to attend the ceremony, which coincides with National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. RSVP to attend and/or participate in the ceremony, contact Jennifer Lorenzen at 541-490-5816 or by email at Jennifer.email@example.com
- Oct 18, Weds, Thank You Writing, Soroptimist, 12pm, HR Valley Adult Center (www.gorgehappiness.org) Hosted by Soroptimist International of Hood River Thank you writing isn’t a lost art, and it isn’t difficult. Anyone can do it. This workshop will help you get in touch with your gratitude, give you tips on how to write a heartfelt thank you, and provide materials so you can get those thank you notes out right away. Bring your contact list or address book. No need to register. Just show up. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 18, Weds, Silent Conversation on Happiness workshop, 6pm, HR Library In the safety and equalizing space of quietness, we will explore our collective questions, thoughts, ideas and challenges about happiness in our lives. Our conversation will happen on a large sheet of paper, sparked by poems, quotes and each other. Lucy Mason is a Whole Person Life Coach in Hood River, www.lucymasonlifecoaching.com
- Oct 18, Weds, Bladder Basics: Don’t Make Me Laugh, 12 – 1pm, 2690 May St, HR
- Oct 19, Thurs, Mindfulness: Fostering Happiness and Health at Every Step; 5:30-6:30pm; Active Integrative Medicine, LLC 1312 May St. Hood River, OR; Emotions are critically tied to our health, and in particular the health of our heart. Come spend an hour with us exploring the adage that a “happy heart is a healthy heart”. This will be a lively weaving of multiple prospectives, and some experiential learning that is bound to leave you inspired. Plan to leave this talk with tools to improve your well-being and the health of your community. Hosted by Chad Borys, ND, LAc
- Oct 20 – 22 Hood River Word’s Fair, literary fair, Columbia Center for the Arts, HR
- Oct 21, Sat, Pure Yoga, 10:30am, 202 Cascade Ave. Suite H, HR
- Oct 20, Fri, Dance in Pink, breast cancer awareness, 5:30-8pm, St Frances, Odell St Francis House, 3686 Davis Dr, Odell, OR 97031
One Time Events
- Oct 17, Tues, Lecture on Crazy Politics, 6pm, WS Library ; Crazy Politics: Populism, Conspiracy Theories, and Paranoia in America, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 6 – 7:30pm With political science professor Cornell Clayton, explore how American politics has become an arena for suspicious and angry minds. Has American politics always been so crazy? Clayton’s talk explains the rise of today’s populist and conspiratorial politics, draws parallels to earlier periods, and describes how populism on the left and right today differ.
- Oct 20, Fri, Teen Masquerade Ball Game Night, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30pm, WS Library Teens 12 -18
- Oct 21, Sat, Family Movie Matinee, 2 – 4pm, WS Library Families with kids ages 3 and up, Come drink lemonade and eat popcorn while we watch a family movie! White Salmon Valley Community Library, 77 NE Wauna Ave.
- Oct 21, Sat, Lego Build It! Kids and Tweens aged 5-12 yrs, 2:30pm, WS Library Love to create with LEGO® bricks? Join us to create and build your own design. White Salmon Valley Community Library, 77 NE Wauna Ave.
One Time Events
- Oct 14, Sat, Solar Saturday, solar viewing, 11am – 4pm, Discovery Center, TD
- Oct 17, Tues, TD Happiness Group, 60 secs of eye contact, 5pm, hosted by ISU – The Stratton Agency 200 Union 60 seconds of Eye Contact – our society has become thirsty for true connection. This activity allows you to feel connected, more peaceful, more open and less along. Sharing one minute of eye contact enables this flow without even speaking. More Information: Contact call (541) 296-2127 or (541) 980-6307
- Oct 17, Tues, Domestic Violence Awareness month Vigil, 6pm, Courthouse steps, The Dalles
- Oct 18, Weds, National Support Your Chamber Day, 10 – 2pm, The Dalles Chamber of Commerce, 404 W 2nd St, The Dalles, OR 97058 Open house with hot beverages and snacks . Stop by to see the newest building upgrades.
- Oct 21, Sat, Pure Yoga, 10:30am, 102 E 2nd St., TD Every 3rd Saturday of each month Pure Yoga offers a free community yoga class at both locations. Bring a friend or two!
STEVENSON/CASCADE LOCKS EVENTS
Free Hug Fridays at Bridgeside Restaurant every Friday in October | 745 Wa Na Pa St, Cascade Locks
Oct 14, Gorge Groove Festival , 3pm, Skamania County Fairgrounds; live music by Sol Seed, Sponsored by the North Bonneville Fire Department; concert thanking the first responders, volunteers and residents of the Columbia Gorge who were affected by the Eagle Creek and Archer Mountain fires.
- Free Aromatouch Hand Massages, Monday, 17th, from 3:30-4:30pm at The CABIN, 210 Lutheran Church Rd, Stevenson| They will also be providing Daily Positive Affirmations and an aromatherapy scent to support this affirmation